High school students across the country are planning their next steps after graduation. We know you are facing many uncertainties during this time, so we want to provide you some tips to help you decide the pathway that’s best for you.
1. Determine if you want to continue onto a university after COVID-19
If so, accept their admission and choose a deferred admission. This will allow you to enroll at the university in a future semester without having to apply again. Be sure to contact the admissions department at the university to ensure that any scholarships you were awarded will still be applicable if you defer your enrollment or enter as a transfer student.
2. Consider taking a “Visiting Year” at your local college - like CGCC
During a visiting year, you’ll take 30 general education credits at a community college before enrolling at a university. Not only will this reduce the total cost of your degree, but you’ll also be able to maintain the momentum from high school by continuing your education.
- Our low $85/credit hour tuition will save you money while progressing towards your degree.
- We’re bringing courses to you as all of our summer 2020 classes will be delivered in an online format. When we resume in-person classes, you can choose to continue online or hybrid classes or take in-person classes at our beautiful Pecos or Williams campuses.
- Ease into college classes by taking a reduced course load.
- Take advantage of our flexible start dates to better fit your schedule.
3. Choose a school where your credits can transfer elsewhere afterward - Our partnerships with AZ public and private universities allow you to transfer with ease. This allows you to begin your college career at CGCC and seamlessly transition to a university to complete your bachelor’s degree.
4. Choose a school with lots of virtual resources - Like us! We have tutoring, technical support, ask a librarian, enrollment teams, etc. For a list of updated department contact information, click here.
5. Text our Virtual Enrollment Team for support with any questions you have. You can text us at 480.351.2221, and we can help you navigate the college admissions process and provide support as you explore which programs might be right for your academic future.
6. Take advantage of scholarship opportunities - The Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation has 100s of scholarships, and you can apply to all of them with just one application.
Graduates with at least a 3.25 unweighted high school GPA can also join our Honors Program and receive the President’s Honors Scholarship. This scholarship covers tuition and the registration fee for up to 15 credit hours during your first semester at CGCC. You can renew the scholarship up to three additional semesters by maintaining that 3.25 GPA at CGCC.
For a full list of our summer courses, click here.
To request more information about becoming a CGCC student, click here.