We know that completing your certificate or degree wasn’t easy. For many of you, you balanced work, family and school to reach this point. For all of you, the spring semester was one for the books as everyone around the world dealt with the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent stay-at-home orders.
And while that was stressful, you can proudly say you took what was thrown your way and came out on top.
Now it’s time to celebrate - safely and with social distancing of course! There is no one-size-fits-all way to celebrate your achievement. You might want a simple dinner with your family or maybe a Zoom call with your distant relatives and relations. Regardless of what you choose, humans need to celebrate the big moments in life even if they look a little different from what you might have planned before. Do it your way!
At Chandler-Gilbert Community College, we celebrate you! Here’s a look at how we honor you now:
- You, your family and friends took to social media to celebrate the day. Here’s how that happened.
- As Veronica Hipolito, vice president of student affairs, said you had grit and determination to get here and the things that matter most to us are worth working for.
- The team at Student Life know how hard it was to get to this point so it’s time to “Howl yeah!”
- And from the faculty (and Mos Def) and our president, Dr. Greg Peterson, our hats are off to you and your accomplishments.
- Governing board member Kathleen Winn implores you to celebrate your achievement, those who supported you and have faith in yourself.
- Make sure you check out your Digital Time Capsule.
- Even former President Barack Obama offered his congratulations for overcoming everything 2020 has thrown at you!
Go out and make the world a better place! We are proud of you!
And while you’re out there in the world, don’t forget to stay in touch. We want to hear about all of your new adventures.