|From left: Steven Fox, CGCC President Linda Lujan, Linda Czarnecki,|
Tom Gariepy, Chief Frank Milstead, Terri Kimble, Lisa Avalos, Kristi
Robertson, Jace Hermanson, Amanda Shepherd, Bill Crawford, Jon Terpay.
Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC) honored their 10th Annual Teal & Silver award recipients during a breakfast event at the college's Williams Campus on May 6. Twelve winners were recognized for their dedication and support of CGCC students, employees, programs, services and the college community.
The 2014 Teal & Silver award recipients are:
- Lisa Avalos, Desert Ridge High School who, through her commitment, increased dual enrollment participation by 48 percent in one year.
- Linda Czarnecki, Doherty Foundation, who has donated more than $132,000 to over CGCC 250 students on behalf of the foundation.
- Steven Fox, Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist for his contributions to the academic success and persistence of CGCC students through his volunteer service to the Psychology Club.
- Officer Derek Fritsche, Mesa Police Department, who not only serves as a reserve police officer but has volunteered for CGCC’s law enforcement training academy and had had numerous accomplishments.
- Jace Hermanson, Arizona Sun Sales, who has consistently shown his passion for the electric utility technology program following his graduation from the program through his participation as an adjunct faculty member, volunteer, lineman’s competition judge and scholarship donor.
- Terri Kimble, Chandler Chamber of Commerce, who recognizes the important role education plays in the region’s economic prosperity and is supportive of the unique contributions of community colleges to the community’s future.
- Jeanine Masumura, Higley Unified School District who has coordinated more than 200 service-learning opportunities, providing approximately 5,000 hours of extra help in the Higley district’s classrooms.
- Chief Frank Milstead, Mesa Police Department, who, through his assistance and leadership, has helped the CGCC law enforcement training academy build an outstanding reputation.
- Robert Richter, Roberts Catering, who has played a significant role in many events hosted by the Office of Student Affairs over the past 15 years.
- Kristi Robertson, AdMix Social, who has helped grow CGCC’s Facebook fans by more than 5,000 and increased Twitter followers by more than 2,100 as well as increased reach and engagement in those channels.
- Amanda Shepherd, Gilbert Senior Center, who enabled 195 CGCC students to experience deep and meaningful service-learning opportunities interacting with seniors.
- Staff of the Marketing and Communications Department, Maricopa County Community College District for saving CGCC considerable resources through their professional support of the college’s marketing and communications efforts.
The Chandler-Gilbert Community College Teal & Silver Awards Program was created to recognize the contributions of individuals who support Chandler-Gilbert Community College through various efforts. This year's recipients positively impact the college by assisting with the program or service improvements, supporting creative and innovative ideas, improving the quality of the college experience, support the delivery of instruction, providing resources or assisting with cost-saving measures and advocating for the college in media, with elected officials and the in the community.