Coyote Kickoff is Chandler-Gilbert’s new student orientation for all new-to-college students.
What to Expect
The tailored, two-hour orientations are intended to ease the transition into college. Benefits of attending Coyote Kickoff include:
- Learning about college resources and support
- Learning how to access and navigate the online student center
- Meeting with academic advisors and discussing degree requirements
- Meeting other new college students
- Registering for first semester courses with dedicated support
- Establishing payment arrangements to secure enrollment
“Coyote Kickoff is one of the first steps students take in their college experience,” said Dr. Felicia Ramirez-Perez, CGCC Dean of Enrollment Services. “We know this is important to students and their parents, so we work hard to listen, learn and educate our students during this time to make their first student experience meaningful.”
Space limitations also prevent us from accommodating parents and guardians at Coyote Kickoff. Our Parents Resource Guide contains information about registration, financial aid and other resources available to parents and students.
Students who have earned college credit through ACE, Dual Enrollment or Hoop of Learning programs and are now high school graduates are required to attend Coyote Kickoff. Student veterans using VA benefits are required to attend a separate veterans-only new student orientation. Transfer students are not required to attend.
Tips for Success
- Bring a state or federally-issued ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, etc.).
- Bring a copy of high school, GED transcript, or alternative reports. Here’s a guide for uploading those before your Kickoff.
- Develop a plan to pay tuition and fees. There are various options, including a payment plan.
- Determine your placement for English, math and reading. Students using their high school GPA to determine placements can upload their transcripts here.
Coyote Kickoff sessions are held at our Pecos and Williams campuses. Students can register for Coyote Kickoff here. For more information, visit cgc.edu/kickoff or email Recruitment@cgc.edu.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.