Red Hat® is the world's leading provider of open source solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, virtualization, storage, Linux, and middleware technologies.A Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is able to perform the following tasks:
• Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-live environments, and documentation
• Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
• Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
• Create and configure file systems and file systems attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network files systems
• Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update and core services
• Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication
• Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
After completing the two Red Hat classes at CGCC (CIS126DL & CIS238DL), students will receive a voucher (valued at $400.00) to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification exam. Chandler-Gilbert Community College is the only Red Hat Academy in the East Valley. Red Hat Linux is the largest Linux Network Operating System in the U.S.
For more information please contact Tom Pearson, Computer Information Systems Faculty at 480-726-4131 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about Red Hat®.