Friday, September 19, 2014

CGCC students land 3 of 6 spots to national leadership conference

Gabriel Lopez, Ashton Brackens, MEN club advisor Jill
Wendt, Alex Kneip and Tony Little, MEN club advisor.
Three members of the Male Empowerment Network (MEN) chapter at Chandler-Gilbert Community College were selected to attend the Men of Color Student Leadership Institute on Oct. 16-19 in Burlingame, California near San Francisco.

The Men of Color Student Leadership Institute is an intensive two-and-a-half-day leadership seminar sponsored by the Presidents’ Roundtable for selected men enrolled in one of the minority male programs across the country.  Six students were chosen to represent Maricopa Community College District and awarded scholarships to attend, including Ashton Brackens, Alexander Kneip, and Gabriel Lopez from CGCC.

“I’m ecstatic to be chosen,” said Alex Kneip, president of the CGCC MEN chapter. “I’m honored to be one of the few selected for this opportunity. I’m looking forward to the experiences which I hope will help me grow personally and provide me with the skills to be more of a positive influence to those around me.”

The student track of the institute will focus on Self-Image, College Completion and Career Readiness, Personal Health and Wellness, Entrepreneurship, Develop your Independent Nature and Lifestyle, Financial Literacy, and Parenting and Relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.